Looking for vegan Mexican recipes? Here are our top picks, including these delicious Mexican fried rice nachos drizzled with cilantro cream.
- Olive or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Pinch of cumin
- Sea salt
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- Kernels from 2 ears boiled or grilled corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (try our Instant Pot method)
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 bag (6 to 10 ounces) sprouted or corn tortilla chips
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce, to serve
- Other toppings: guacamole, avocado, chopped tomatoes, diced raw onions, cilantro, radish
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium and saute the onions until they are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeño, cumin, and a pinch of salt and cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and corn. Cook for a few more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the lime juice. Set aside.
- Drain any excess liquid from the skillet and place it over high. Add a glug of oil. While the pan is hot, add the rice, after using your hands to break up any clumps. Toss the rice around the pan for about 3 minutes. When you see a few grains browning, pour the bean and corn mixture back into the skillet, add the tamari, and toss everything together until the mixture is combined and piping hot.
- Make the Creamy Cilantro Sauce (or make in advance).
- On a large plate or baking sheet, spread out the chips and top them with fried rice. Add any toppings you like and serve.
Reprinted with permission from One Part Plant by Jessica Murnane
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Vegan Mexican Recipes, Vegan Nachos Recipes, Mexican Fried Rice Nachos, Vegan Recipes, Vegan Dinner Ideas, Plant Based Dinner Ideas