Need salad ideas? This best tossed salad recipe features colorful veggies, crunchy homemade croutons, and a variety of salad dressing options.
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Croutons
- 1 romaine heart (3 cups chopped)
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 to 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (1 cup peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced and halved)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Sea salt, for garnish
- One of these dressings: Creamy Avocado Dressing (shown here), Best Balsamic Vinaigrette, Homemade Ranch Dressing, Italian Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing, or Honey Mustard Dressing
- If using, make the Homemade Croutons.
- Wash and chop the romaine. If necessary, wash the mixed greens. (You can use any mix of greens here; measure about 2 cups of greens per serving.)
- Thinly slice the red onion. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Shred the carrot (we used this Handheld Julienne Shredder).
- Thinly slice and half the radishes.
- Choose and make the dressing: select from Creamy Avocado Dressing, Best Balsamic Vinaigrette, Homemade Ranch Dressing, Italian Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing,Honey Mustard Dressing, or any of our other Salad Dressing Recipes.
- Toss together the greens, red onion, green onion, cucumber, carrot, radishes, and pepperoncini. Top with sunflower seeds and croutons, and drizzle with dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tossed Salad, Best salad recipe, Salad ideas, What to put in a salad, Side salad recipes, Salad recipes,