The best veggie stir fry out there! This stir fry vegetables with homemade teriyaki sauce is a favorite tasty and easy vegetarian recipe.
- Make the rice according to How to Cook White Rice, How to Cook Brown Rice, or Instant Pot Rice.
- Make the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
- Thinly slice the tempeh into rectangles. Cut the broccoli into florets. Dice the peppers into large chunks. Peel and mince the ginger. Thinly slice the green onion.
- In your largest skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the tempeh in a single layer, sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt, and 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil to the same skillet. Add the broccoli and a few pinches kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water and continue to saute; when the water cooks out (about 1 minute), add the ginger, peppers, green onion, and another pinch of kosher salt. Saute until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the tempeh and teriyaki sauce and stir together until everything is coated with sauce. Taste and add a pinch or two of kosher salt as desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: Stir Fry Vegetables, Tempeh Stir Fry, Teriyaki Vegetables, Teriyaki Sauce, Vegetarian Dinner Ideas, Vegan Dinner Ideas, Plant Based Dinner