This peas recipe takes just 5 minutes! Cooking frozen peas with garlic and lemon makes them taste incredible. It’s an easy side dish that everyone loves!
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 10 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon, optional
- Rinse the peas under warm water and shake off excess liquid.
- Smash and peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through but still bright green.
- Season with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and lemon zest. Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Peas Recipes, Peas Recipe, Peas Side Dish