Looking for easy pasta dinner ideas? This marinara pasta recipe features a homemade sauce and comes together in minutes! Boost the nutrients with a few handfuls of spinach, and you’ve got dinner.
- 28 ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped spinach, tightly packed (optional)
- 8 ounces spaghetti pasta
- Parmesan cheese or goat cheese crumbles, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente (start tasting a few minutes before the package recommends: you want it to be tender but still a little firm on the inside). Then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, place the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, kosher salt, whole basil leaves and spinach (if using). Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the pasta. Garnish with chopped basil. If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese or goat cheese crumbles: but it’s just as good without!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pasta Dinner Ideas, Easy Pasta Recipes for Dinner, Pasta Marinara, Homemade Marinara, Marinara Pasta