Here’s how to make the best three bean salad recipe: a fresh spin on Grandma’s! It’s easy to throw together for picnics and potlucks.
- 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 15-ounce can white beans or pinto beans
- 15-ounce can green beans
- 15-ounce can wax beans (or another 15-ounce can green beans)
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/4 medium red onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped curly parsley (or Italian parsley)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried dill and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Thinly slice the onions into slivers (go to minute 1:40 of this How to Cut an Onion video to see how!). Finely chop the parsley.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the white vinegar, olive oil, sugar, dill, garlic, powder, and kosher salt. Add the beans, onions and parsley and stir until coated. You can eat immediately, but for best results refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the salad to marinate. Store leftovers refrigerated for up to 5 days.
*Use standard white vinegar, not white wine vinegar!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: Bean salad, bean salad recipe, three bean salad, three bean salad recipe