This epic BBQ tofu recipe is fast, easy and full of savory sweet flavor! A great way to make anyone into a tofu fan.
- Cut the tofu into large cubes (about 1.5″ x 2″) and pat it dry with a towel.
- Add the oil to a non-stick pan and add the tofu cubes and a few pinches kosher salt. Turn on the heat to medium-high. Cook 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Briefly remove the pan from the heat to reduce spitting. Flip the tofu with chopsticks (the easiest method!) or tongs. Return the heat to medium-high and cook additional 5 to 6 minutes until browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together the BBQ sauce, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
- Briefly remove the pan from the heat again and drizzle with the sauce (watch for spitting). Return to low heat and cook 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.
*Note: You can also use this method with Grilled Tofu: simply substitute BBQ sauce for the sauce in that recipe.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tofu
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: BBQ Tofu, BBQ Tofu Recipe