You’ll want to use this incredible basil aioli on everything! It’s quick and easy to make, featuring this fresh and peppery green herb. Variation: try Pesto Aioli!
- 12 large basil leaves or 2 tablespoons very finely chopped basil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup high quality mayonnaise (vegan as desired)
- Mince the garlic as finely as possible. Then use the side of your knife blade to mash and grind it into a paste. (Alternate method: you can combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.*)
- Mince the basil as finely as possible.
- Whisk together the garlic and basil with the white wine vinegar, yellow mustard, and mayonnaise. Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
*If you’re planning to use a food processor, check out our Pesto Aioli: it’s similar but adds Parmesan cheese for big Italian flavor.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Basil aioli, Aioli with basil