These cozy banana oatmeal muffins are easy to whip up in a blender! Add streusel for a sweet crunch, or go healthy with a sprinkle of oats.
For the batter
- 3 large ripe bananas (broken into pieces)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 tablespoon almond extract)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (for gluten free, go to Blender Muffins)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the streusel topping (or use 3 tablespoons roughly chopped oats & 2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (or coconut oil for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the streusel topping ingredients, with the butter cut into small pieces, in a small bowl with a fork until crumbly. Or, mix the optional chopped oats and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Combine all the batter ingredients in blender and blend until a smooth batter forms (don’t over blend). Pour into 10 muffin cups. Crumble a bit of the streusel topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few clinging crumbs. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack. Cool 1 hour until room temperature. Store up to 4 days in a sealed container with a paper towel inside (to keep the topping crumbly) or frozen up to 3 months. You can also refrigerate the muffins, but they can become dry and the topping becomes soft.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Muffins
Keywords: Banana oatmeal muffins