This banana ice cream is one ingredient and tastes like a dream! Here’s how to make it: no ice cream maker required.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice or water (optional)
- Mix ins: mini chocolate chips or chunks, peanut butter, Nutella swirl, cookie dough, etc (see Notes above)
- Slice the bananas into 1/2-inch rounds, then freeze them on a baking sheet for 3 hours.
- Place the bananas in a food processor (or high speed blender*) and process until smooth, stopping and scraping the bowl as necessary. It will take a while for the bananas to become fully smooth, so keep stopping and scraping until it comes together. It’s easiest to add 1 tablespoon milk of choice or water to help things blend, or you can wait a few minutes for the bananas to thaw a bit. Taste, and if you’d like it a bit sweeter you can add a few teaspoons of sugar or honey and blend again.
- Eat immediately, or freeze up to 2 hours for an even more scoopable texture. Keep in mind the ice cream is best the day it is made. If you store overnight, the ice cream becomes very icy: make sure to allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Banana ice cream, banana ice cream recipe, ice cream banana