This flavor-popping marinated balsamic tomato salad with fresh herbs is the best way to use juicy ripe summer tomatoes. In a word: wow.
- 4–6 large ripe tomatoes, heirloom or multi-colored if possible
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (such as basil, thyme, oregano)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges, leaving the seeds attached. Cut off any tough parts of the core.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Tomato salad, Balsamic tomatoes, How to tell if a tomato is ripe