This baked zucchini is so easy to make, covered in a light coating of crunchy breadcrumbs and Parmesan! This veggie is at its best roasted in a hot oven.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (3 medium small)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian style panko or bread crumbs, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a large bowl, mix it with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and kosher salt. (If using plain bread crumbs, mix in a generous 1/4 teaspoon salt.) To the bowl add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheets, then use your fingers to quickly place breadcrumbs that fall onto the sheet on the top of the zucchini rounds (it doesn’t have to be perfect). Top with the remaining 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs (divided across the two sheets) and 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roast until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. If your oven is uneven, switch the trays at the 7 to 8 minute mark. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked zucchini