Baked tortellini is an easy dinner recipe that’s bursting with flavor! Throw the pasta and sauce in the pan and bake.
- 28-ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (or best quality crushed tomatoes*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 18 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortelloni (not dried pasta)
- 2 cups chopped spinach (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian panko
- Preheat 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix the crushed fire roasted tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, dried oregano, kosher salt , water, tortellini, and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- If using spinach, place it in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the sauce and tortellini on top. Top with the shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and top with the panko. Bake 10 more minutes until browned. Serve immediately.
*If desired, you can also use a high quality marinara sauce: we suggest still adding the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Baked tortellini, tortellini bake