These baked quesadillas in the oven are easy to make on a sheet pan and have the best crispy exterior! Game changer, right here.
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt
- 1 large or 2 small green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 8 6” tortillas (flour or corn)
- For topping: Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the rinse the beans, then mix them with the olive oil and seasonings. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Brush a baking sheet with a bit of olive oil. Place the tortillas on the sheet and rub them to coat them in olive oil.
- On each tortilla, place 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon seasoned beans, 1 tablespoon green onion, 2 tablespoons smoked mozzarella, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, and 1 pinch kosher salt. If desired, add a drizzle of hot sauce. Fold over the tortilla into a half circle (this makes it easy to flip, instead of making full quesadillas with 2 tortillas). Complete for each tortilla, then brush the tops with oil.
- Bake 8 minutes. Then flip and bake 6 to 7 minutes more until browned and crisp on the outside. Cut into 3 wedges each with a pizza cutter. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream, and with guacamole and extra pico de gallo for dipping.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
Keywords: Quesadilla in oven, Baked quesadillas, how to make quesadillas in oven, sheet pan quesadillas