Oven baked eggs are a simple way to make a special breakfast! Bake them in small dishes then serve with a variety of toppings. Bon appetit!
For each serving
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or substitute neutral oil for dairy free)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme sprigs
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa or pico de gallo
- Sauteed spinach and mushrooms, feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven preheats, add 1/2 tablespoon butter to each small baking dish or ramekin. Add to the oven until it melts (about 1 minute), then use a brush to spread it around the inside of the dish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, then slide 2 into each dish. Sprinkle each with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place the baking dishes on a baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes (ours usually take 13 minutes), until whites are set and yolk reach desired firmness. The exact timing depends on the thickness of the dish. (If desired, you can cook longer to get a fully cooked yolk.)
- Sprinkle with toppings and serve. Keep in mind the baking dishes are hot, so place them on a separate plate for serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Eggs
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Baked eggs, Oven baked eggs