Baileys Hot Chocolate is rich, creamy and all about flavor! This hot cocktail is deliciously sweet and perfect for cool weather.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder*
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ cup (1 ½ ounces) semisweet or dark chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) Baileys Irish Cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and ¼ cup of the milk and whisk until the cocoa powder is mostly integrated. Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Do not boil.
- Stir in the Baileys. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream or marshmallows.
*You can also substitute 2 cups of your favorite hot chocolate for the homemade hot chocolate in this recipe.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Baileys hot chocolate, Baileys and hot chocolate