This fresh and healthy avocado tuna salad swaps the classic mayo for nutrient-rich avocado! It will become your new go-to after first bite.
- 1 5-ounce can white meat tuna
- 1/2 celery rib (1/4 cup finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles (2 pickles)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice*
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain the tuna. Place it in a bowl and use a fork to break apart any large clumps.
- Roughly chop the avocado. Finely chop the celery, red onion, and dill pickles.
- Mix together the tuna and vegetables with the remaining ingredients. Eat immediately: the avocado will start to brown after exposure to air.
*Mix it up! Try it Mexican-style: swap the lemon for lime and add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Avocado Tuna Salad