These crispy avocado tacos are destined to be your new favorite! With crunchy breading, they’ve got the vibe of a fish taco but are totally plant based.
For the avocado tacos
- 1 recipe Baked Avocado Fries
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chili peppers (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 romaine head
- 1 cup pico de gallo (storebought or homemade)
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
For the cilantro sauce*
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (or vegan mayo or cashew cream)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make the Baked Avocado Fries.
- While they bake, drain and rinse the beans. Mix them with with the adobo sauce, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Thinly slice the romaine.
- Make the cilantro sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
- If desired, char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- Assemble the tacos by topping the tortillas with romaine lettuce, beans, avocado fries, pico de gallo, and cilantro sauce.
*Or substitute Spicy Mayo, Shrimp Taco Sauce, Chipotle Sauce, or sour cream mixed with hot sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Avocado tacos