This arugula apple salad is simple but a symphony of flavor! Apples, pecans and balsamic dressing make perfection on a plate.
- 1 recipe Balsamic Dressing (or Citrus Salad Dressing or Dijon Dressing)
- 1 crisp apple
- 1 shallot
- 5 ounces (8 cups) baby arugula (not standard arugula*)
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped (toasted or glazed, if desired)
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt
- In a medium bowl, make the dressing.
- Thinly slice the apple and shallot.
- Place the greens on a plate. Top with the sliced shallot, apple, pecans, and crumbles of soft goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
*Standard arugula has much too spicy of a flavor; look for the small baby arugula leaves like you see in the photo. It comes packaged in the produce section near the greens, or may be available at your local farmer’s market.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian