This arugula pesto recipe is bright green and peppery: an ideal way to use this leafy green! Serve on pasta, bread, pizza and more.
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 cups packed baby arugula leaves (or chopped arugula*)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, Parmesan cheese, and peeled garlic cloves. Process until finely ground, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the arugula, lemon juice, sugar and kosher salt. Turn on the food processor and gradually pour in the olive oil: blend until it combines into a thick, oily sauce. Eat immediately or refrigerate up to 1 week (it solidifies in the refrigerator so bring to room temperature before serving). You can also freeze for several months.
*We recommend baby arugula because the flavor is milder: standard arugula that comes in bunches has a more bitter, spicy flavor.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Arugula pesto, arugula pesto recipe