No one will be able to stop eating these applesauce cookies! Made with applesauce and oatmeal, they’re laced with an easy icing drizzle.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (or ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 x recipe of Powdered Sugar Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a separate medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until a sticky dough forms (it will be wetter than you expect).
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 10 minutes.
- Make 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls (using a size 40 cookie scoop, if you have it) and place them onto the baking sheet. Scoop or use 2 spoons to make evenly spaced drops onto the paper — don’t try to adjust or move them once they’re on the sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool to room temperature before enjoying. If desired, make a criss-cross icing drizzle with a fork using our 1 Minute Powdered Sugar Icing. Store at room temperature in a cookie tin for up to 5 days, or freeze (un-iced) for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: Applesauce cookies