These cinnamon-scented apple zucchini muffins are cozy and satisfying, made simply with oats, shredded zucchini and apple chunks.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, loosely packed, divided (1 large zucchini)
- 1 cup diced apple (1/2 large or 1 medium apple)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In the bowl of a blender, place the eggs, rolled oats, neutral oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and 1 cup of the shredded zucchini. Blend everything on high for a minute or two until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the reserved 1/2 cup shredded zucchini and the diced apple (with the peel on). Gently pulse 2 to 3 times until mixed in but not chopped.
- Place 10 muffin cups into a muffin tin and pour the batter divided evenly between the cups. Sprinkle the tops with extra oats and gently press them down.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (ours took 34 minutes). Remove from the muffin tin and allow them to cool before serving. Store refrigerated for about 1 week or frozen for several months.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Apple zucchini muffins, Zucchini muffins, Zucchini muffins recipe