This Savoy cabbage salad is a tasty mix of cabbage, apples, walnuts, with an apple cider vinaigrette tossed with Parmesan cheese.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 head Savoy cabbage*
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shavings (or Pecorino Romano)
- For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- If desired, toast the walnuts by placing them in a dry skillet over low heat for several minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly browned and fragrant. Immediately remove from the heat into a bowl.
- Thinly slice the cabbage. Core 2 apples and chop them. (If not eating immediately, sprinkle the apples with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning.) Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese.
- To serve, place cabbage on a serving plate, then top with apples, walnuts, cheese, and dressing.
*Use Savoy cabbage in this recipe, which is light and fluffy; avoid substituting green or red cabbage as it has quite a different texture.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cabbage Salad, Savoy Cabbage, Savoy Cabbage Recipes, Apple Salad, Walnuts, Recipes with Cabbage, Salad Recipes, Winter Salad