Apple nachos are the best easy and healthy snack! This simple concept is irresistible to kids and adults alike.
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey, plus more for drizzle
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional; omit for nut allergies)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Cinnamon, for dusting
- Other toppings: granola, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Slice the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, maple syrup or honey, and if using, peanut butter. If it is very thick, stir in up water a teaspoon at a time until it comes to a drizzleable consistency (depends on the brand and type of yogurt and whether you’re using peanut butter).
- Drizzle the yogurt sauce over the apples. Top with sliced almonds and a few pinches of cinnamon. If desired, add another drizzle of honey or other toppings. Serve immediately.
Inspired by Super Food for Super Kids by Noelle Martin
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Snack
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Apple nachos