Here’s the ideal fall cocktail: apple cider sangria! This cozy drink pairs apple cider with red wine, orange and cinnamon.
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja
- 1 750 ml bottle sparkling cider or apple cider
- Optional garnishes: Cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, remaining orange slices
- Thinly slice the apple, pear, and orange. Place them into a medium bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Pour in the red wine. Stir and refrigerate for 1 hour, or as long as 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill halfway with sparkling apple cider or apple cider, then halfway with red wine mixture (or you can pour them both together in a pitcher). Garnish with cinnamon stick, rosemary or orange slices. When you’ve polished off the sangria, you can snack on the sweetened fruit.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktail
Keywords: Apple cider sangria