This Apple Cider Hot Toddy is the ultimate cozy drink! Spike it with bourbon for a delicious spiked hot beverage.
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey*
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 orange wedge
- For the garnish: 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, and 1 star anise (optional)
- Warm the apple cider on the stove or in a microwave to 200 degrees Fahrenheit, or very hot but not boiling.
- In the serving glass, stir together the bourbon and honey. Pour in the hot apple cider.
- Garnish with a orange wedge, squeezing in the juice, and the cloves, cinnamon stick, and star anise (if using).
- Variation for 8 servings: Warm 4 cups apple cider, 1 1/2 cups bourbon, and 4 tablespoons honey on the stovetop until hot but not boiling. Go to Step 3 to garnish each glass.
*If you prefer, you can substitute rum or brandy.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Apple cider hot toddy