The Aperol Negroni is a refreshing spin on the classic using Aperol instead of Campari! It makes a slightly sweeter drink with a citrus nuance.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) gin*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet or semi-sweet red vermouth
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Aperol
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- For the garnish: Orange peel
- Combine the gin, sweet vermouth, and Aperol in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to a lowball glass, and strain the drink into the glass (or you can use a cocktail glass without ice).
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Aperol Negroni