Antipasto skewers are a fun and easy party appetizer! Make them up for a crowd and customize the ingredients to taste.
For the skewers
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortelloni pasta*
- 16 small fresh mozzarella balls (Ciliegine), drained
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 jarred marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 to 16 cubes hard cheese, like provolone, asiago pressato, pepper jack, gouda, fontina, or other cheese (optional)
- 16 Castelvetrano olives (or other mild green or black olives)
- 8 whole small jarred peppers or 16 slices of roasted red pepper
For the seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions (usually around 2 minutes). Drain the pasta and run cool water over it until it’s warm.
- Place the pasta in a bowl with the mozzarella balls (drained). Stir in the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- On each skewer, thread one of each: the seasoned tortellini pasta, mozzarella, cherry tomato, basil leaf, artichoke heart, hard cheese, olives, and pepper. Serve immediately. Lasts at room temperature for up to 2 hours, then refrigerate leftovers. If making ahead, make up to 3 hours in advance (or 1 day ahead without fresh basil).
*Tortelloni is large tortellini you can find in the refrigerated section: it’s a pasta shape that is larger than tortellini with a filled center. It’s best for skewers because standard tortellini is too small and has a hole in the center.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Antipasto skewers