Try these almond flour pancakes: light, fluffy and so full of flavor they’ll become your go-to recipe. Everyone will ask for seconds!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (not almond meal!)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, neutral oil, and vanilla extract. Add the dries and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a skillet with butter and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into small circles. Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden: low and slow is the key! Then gently flip them and cook until golden on the other side: take care as they are a bit more fragile than a standard pancake.
- Cook the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as necessary (the skillet can get very hot on the second batch). Place the cooked pancakes under an inverted bowl to keep them warm. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Almond meal vs almond flour