This almond cashew crackers recipe shows you how to make homemade crackers! They’re delicious, naturally gluten free, and fun to make.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Seeds to top: pepitas, chia seeds, etc
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- In a food processor or blender, mix 1 cup almonds and 1 cup cashews until a course flour forms.
- Pour the nut flour into a bowl and add 1 egg, 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using salted nuts). Stir until the mixture comes together into a stiff dough. Separate the dough into two equal parts.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper the size of a standard baking sheet on a flat surface, top with half of the dough and another sheet of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is very thin (about 0.1″) and covers most of the paper. Peel off the top parchment paper and slide the paper with the dough onto a baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into squares. Mist the squares finely with water to help the toppings adhere, then top with a few handfuls of seeds (pepitas and chia seeds).
- Roll out, cut, and top the remaining half of the dough.
- Bake the crackers for about 10 minutes, watching so that they do not burn. Remove from the oven and let cool, then break into crackers. Store the crackers in a resealable container.
Adapted from Green Kitchen Stories
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade Crackers, Almond flour crackers, Almond crackers, Almond cracker recipe, DIY