This all natural frose recipe is simple, has no refined sugar, and tastes just like rosé wine! Here’s how to make frozen rosé.
- 1–750mL bottle rose wine (one you like to drink; we like ours on the dry side)
- 8 large strawberries (about 1 1/2 cups ripe strawberries, halved), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- Open the rosé and pour 2/3 cup into a glass measuring cup; set aside for when serving.
- Remove the tops of the strawberries and cut them in half.
- In a blender, blend the remaining rose, strawberries, and honey until smooth and fully combined. Then pour the mixture through a strainer and into a covered baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the freezer and freeze at least 6 hours, or overnight. (The alcohol in the mixture will keep it a slushy texture instead of freezing solid.) Blend the mixture again until it comes to a fluffy texture.
- To serve, place the blended mixture into a glass. Then pour a splash of rose into each glass (this step is important: it gives the final texture and brings in the character of the rose). If desired, garnish with strawberries and serve.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Frose, Frozen Rose, How to Make Frose