This new and improved Alabama Slammer is a retro highball cocktail full of fruity flavor! Perfect for boating, tailgating, and lazy afternoons.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) amaretto
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) bourbon (or Southern Comfort)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sloe gin*
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) orange juice
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- Garnish: orange wedge and cocktail cherry
- Add the amaretto, bourbon or Southern Comfort, sloe gin, and orange juice to a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake it until cold.
- Fill a highball glass with ice, and strain the drink into the glass. If desired, garnish with an orange wedge.
*Sloe gin is a British red liqueur made with sloe fruit: you can find it at your local liquor store. (Gin is not a substitute.)
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Alabama slammer