Here’s how to make Aeropress espresso! You can get close to the real thing using this inexpensive coffee maker.
- 18 grams espresso roast coffee, or about 3 tablespoons coffee beans
- Water (preferably filtered)
- Coffee grinder
- 1 Aeropress filter
- In an electric teapot, heat water to 200 to 205°F.
- Grind 3 tablespoons (18 grams) espresso coffee beans to a fine grind (but not super fine, or it will be too hard to plunge).
- Place the circular filter into the basket of the Aeropress and wet it so it is fully damp. Screw the basket onto the end of the Aeropress.
- Pour the coffee grounds into the Aeropress, and tamp the grounds lightly with a cocktail muddler. Place it on top of an empty mug.
- Pour 85 grams water into the Aeropress (1 and 1/2 mark). Wait 45 seconds. Insert the plunger into the top of the Aeropress. Gently press down until the plunger is pressed fully to the bottom; you will hear a hiss of air being released (this process takes about 30 seconds or so; it will be slightly harder to plunge than normal Aeropress coffee).
- Remove the Aeropress, unscrew the basket and hold it over a compost bucket or garbage. Press down on the plunger to release the filter and grounds. Rinse the Aeropress so it is ready for future use.
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Aeropress
- Cuisine: Coffee
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Aeropress espresso