This acai smoothie has all the fun of an acai bowl, in portable form! It’s got the best tropical flavor and a rainbow of healthy toppings.
- 7 ounces frozen unsweetened acai pulp (such as Sambazon)*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water, plus more as needed
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen diced or fresh mango
- 1 large banana (room temperature)
- For the garnish: almond butter, sliced strawberries, diced mango, blueberries, large coconut flakes, fresh mint
- Thaw the acai pulp under warm water until it can be broken into smaller chunks, then remove the packaging and add the chunks to the blender. Add the lime juice and water, then pineapple, mango, and banana broken into chunks. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping when needed, adding a bit more cold water if necessary to blend into a puree (you’ll need more water with frozen mango vs. fresh).
- Top with desired toppings: make sure to add 1 dollop of almond butter to add protein and keep it filling. Stores up to 1 day refrigerated.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
Keywords: Acai smoothie