This 5-minute romesco gnocchi sauce recipe is bursting with flavor. Serve it up with packaged gnocchi for a fast and easy dinner recipe in just 15 minutes!
For the gnocchi sauce (recipe uses 1 cup)
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 large roasted red peppers from a jar
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the gnocchi
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, seasoned with about 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Make the gnocchi sauce: Peel the garlic. In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Taste and add additional seasonings if desired.
- Once the water is boiling, add the gnocchi and boil until they float, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a colander with spinach leaves. When the gnocchi are done, pour them into the colander with the spinach so that the boiling water wilts the spinach. Then pour the cooked gnocchi and spinach back into the pot and stir to a few times to evenly distribute the spinach.
- Add 1 cup of the romesco sauce to the pot and stir. (Reserve and refrigerate the remaining 1 1/2 cups for up to 1 week.)
- For vegan, top with fresh ground black pepper. For vegetarian, top with black pepper and feta crumbles. If desired, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Gnocchi Sauce, Romesco, Gnocchi Sauce Recipe, Italian, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gnocchi, Quick