This is the BEST way to eat kale! A dressing of lemon, garlic and Parmesan cheese transforms kale into tangy goodness in this Tuscan kale salad.
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale (about 8 ounces)*
- 1 very small or 1/2 medium garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (3 to 4 tablespoons juice, plus zest)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Homemade croutons (optional)
- Wash and dry the kale. Then destem and roughly chop the kale leaves.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove. Sprinkle it with the kosher salt, then holding the blunt edge of the knife, scrape the sharp edge of the blade over the minced garlic, holding the knife at an angle and mashing the garlic into a paste.
- Place the paste in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and fresh ground black pepper, and whisk to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Toss the dressing with the kale leaves. Serve topped with lemon zest (and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired). If desired, serve with homemade croutons.
*1 bunch of kale makes a moderate serving size of 4: consider doubling the recipe if feeding hungry eaters.
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Kale Salad, kale Salad recipe, Tuscan kale salad, Tuscan kale, Raw Kale Salad, Kale Recipes, Easy Salad Recipes, Italian Salad Recipes