This easy roasted spaghetti squash recipe dresses up the squash “noodles” with pesto and Parmesan cheese!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Using a small sharp paring knife, cut the spaghetti squash around the middle width-wise (not lengthwise!). To cut, pierce the knife into the squash and swing down, making small slices around the squash until it breaks in half. Use the knife to cut around the seeds, and then scoop them out with a spoon.
- Rub inside with with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Place halves on baking sheet and roast 40 to 55 minutes (depending on the size and freshness of the squash), until tender all the way through when pierced with a fork.
- Allow the squash to cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape out the squash into “spaghetti” strands. Place the noodles in a colander or strainer and rest for 10 minutes to remove any extra moisture.
- In a bowl, combine the pesto, Parmesan, and squash noodles. Toss until well combined. Taste, and add additional salt or pesto as necessary. (Leftovers store in the refrigerator for a few days; you may have to refresh the flavor with additional pesto.)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Squash
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Roasted Spaghetti Squash Recipe