Here’s how to make the BEST roasted eggplant! Baking until it’s tender makes for unreal flavor. Serve it as a side dish, or toss with pasta!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium to large eggplants (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch chunks, or you can cut it into long planks or round slices. Quickly mix with olive oil and kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (the eggplant soaks up the oil in an instant, so mix as soon as you add it). Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until browned and very tender, gently stirring the sheet at about the 25 minute mark. (If you’re roasting eggplant planks, flip the planks at 20 minutes and cook 35 to 40 minutes total, until browned and tender.)
- Remove from the oven and gently toss with the garlic and herbs, making sure to spread out any chunks of garlic that stick together. The eggplant will be very tender so handle it gently. Serve as a side dish or as Roasted Eggplant Pasta.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Eggplant Recipes, Roasted Eggplant