Here’s our go-to pan fried broccoli to make on the regular! This basic method is ultra versatile and makes flavorful, crisp tender veggies.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, stem on (about 3 large heads or 6 heaping cups florets)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chop the broccoli into medium sized florets (leave a good amount of the stem for a nice shape; see the photo or How to Cut Broccoli).
- In small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup water with garlic powder, onion powder and mustard powder.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it on medium high heat. Add broccoli and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the water and spices. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Taste and add additional salt and black pepper as necessary. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Broccoli Recipes, Broccoli Side Dish