Make chard taste incredible with this Swiss chard recipe! Amp the flavors in this easy side dish by adding pine nuts and Parmesan.
- Wash and dry the chard leaves. Remove the stems and roughly chop the chard (follow the instructions in How to Cut Kale). If you’d like, thinly slice the tender part of the stems and add that to the mix (discard the large tough parts of the stems; or you can discard the stems entirely).
- Smash and peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and chard and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently until wilted and bright green.
- Remove from the heat and add the kosher salt, red pepper flakes. and several grinds of fresh ground pepper.
- Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately. If desired, serve with shredded Parmesan and toasted pine nuts.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Swiss chard recipes, Chard recipes, Recipes with chard