These homemade kale baby food pouches are perfect for toddlers on the go! Filled with sweet potatoes and bananas, they’re always gone in a flash.
- Wash the sweet potato, then cook it using one of the following methods:
- Bake the sweet potato: Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick the potato with a fork several times. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place the potato on top and bake until tender, around 45 minutes depending on the size of the potato (check whether it’s tender using a fork).
- Microwave: Microwave 1 sweet potato on high for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning halfway through.
- Instant Pot: Method coming soon!
- Cut the sweet potato into rough chunks. Roughly chop the kale.
- In a large blender, place the yogurt in the bottom of the blender, then the sweet potato, kale, banana, and salt. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping down the blender as necessary with a spatula.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into 4 reusable pouches. Refrigerate until using.
*Other green veggies you could use as a stand in: baby spinach, steamed green beans, or steamed broccoli.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baby Food, Homemade, Pouch, Pouches, Healthy, Lunch