This summer quinoa salad is all things fresh! Juicy ripe tomatoes, sweet corn, and peppery basil are mixed with quinoa and a tangy balsamic dressing.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 2 small shallots
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 ears corn
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, or 3 cups cooked
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Make the quinoa, according to the instructions in Master Recipe: Perfect Quinoa or Instant Pot quinoa (watch the video below).
- While the quinoa cooks, mince the shallots. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the corn from the cobs. Cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade). Drain and rinse the cannellini beans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, a few pinches kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a creamy emulsion forms.
- When the quinoa is done, spread it on a large baking sheet to cool it to room temperature quickly, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the vegetables, dressing, and a few more pinches kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Taste, and add more seasoning to taste.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Summer Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Salad Recipe, Healthy Salad Recipes