These soft ginger molasses cookies are truly “the best”: featuring ginger, cloves, and cinnamon, a touch of molasses, and a delightfully chewy texture.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup molasses
- Extra sugar for rolling
- In a bowl, add 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon allspice, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Mix well to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or with a hand-mixer), beat together 3/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup turbinado sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and 1/2 cup molasses and mix to combine. Then stir in the dry ingredients. Refrigerate the batter 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½” balls, then roll the balls in turbinado sugar to coat the outsides. Arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven until set and crinkled on top, about 10 to 12 minutes (around 10 minutes for smaller cookies and 12 for larger). Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
Adapted from Food 52
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ginger Molasses Cookies, Cookies, Ginger Cookies, Spices, Cinnamon, Cloves, Holiday, Baking, Baked, Ginger