Pesto shrimp is a dinnertime win! Savory basil pesto is a natural pairing with juicy shrimp; serve with pasta or rice for an easy dinner idea.
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (homemade or purchased)
- Lemon, optional
- If necessary, thaw the shrimp.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and salt. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until almost opaque, turning them with tongs.
- Just before shrimp are fully cooked, add the 1/4 cup pesto and continue cooking for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately. If using storebought pesto, adjust lemon and or salt accordingly.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Simple recipes