This tofu scramble recipe with black beans is a vegan breakfast idea that’s simple and delicious: just a few simple ingredients bring big flavor.
- Mince 3 cloves garlic — separate out 1 clove for the black beans and 2 cloves for the tofu.
- In a medium pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add 1 clove garlic and cook until just fragrant for about 1 to 2 minutes, before it browns. Add the black beans, along with the can liquid, and 4 sprigs of cilantro. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes until the liquid condenses.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu, and squeeze it a bit to remove extra liquid. Crumble it into a bowl. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the 2 cloves garlic and the cumin and stir for about 1 minute. Add the tofu crumbles and heat until browned and starting to crisp, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add a good amount of salt and pepper (we used ½ teaspoon each).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced radishes. If desired, serve with warmed corn tortillas.
Adapted from It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Tofu Scramble Recipe, Tofu Scramble, Black Beans, Easy Black Beans, Cilantro, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free