The best scrambled eggs? This recipe is filled with fresh herbs and stirred only occasionally so the eggs form into soft folds.
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, and chives)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or any flavorful cheese)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Wash the herbs and chop them.
- In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together until well-beaten. Stir in the shredded cheese, fresh herbs, kosher salt, and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Tilt the pan to ensure the entire pan is coated in the melted butter. Pour in the eggs.
- Keep the heat on medium. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to slowly scrape sections of eggs, creating folds. Scrape occasionally until the eggs form soft folds, and remove them from the heat just before they are fully hardened. Serve immediately.
The key to this recipe is to keep the heat at medium the entire time; make sure not to use too much heat since this can overcook the eggs. We use butter for cooking eggs, since it tends to cook a bit better than using oil and adds a good flavor.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Best scrambled eggs, Herbs for scrambled eggs, Breakfast Recipes, Egg Recipes, Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes