This really is the best egg salad sandwich! The basic recipe is creamy, savory, and full of fresh herbs for an insane amount of flavor.
- 8 eggs
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or basil)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt*
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices of bread
- For the toppings: lettuce, red onion, tomato, etc
- Hard boil the eggs, according to Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs or Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
- When the eggs are cooked and cooled, peel them and chop them roughly.
- Thinly slice the green onions. Chop the fresh dill or basil.
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. (Tastes best freshly made. You can also refrigerate for up to 3 to 5 days; after refrigerating taste and add a little salt and/or mustard to refresh the flavors.)
- If desired, toast the bread. Place the egg salad on the bread and top with lettuce, red onion, and any other toppings desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Sandwich recipes