This pita bread pizza recipe is perfect for kids and adults alike! Topped with roasted red peppers and Monterrey jack cheese, it’s a total crowd pleaser.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Drain the red peppers. Remove half the red peppers and cut into thin strips to garnish pizzas.
- In a food processor, place the remaining red peppers, 10 sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar. Purée for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- On each whole grain pita, spread 1/4 of the red pepper sauce and 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese. Top with sliced red peppers, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, and a bit of kosher salt.
- Place the pizzas on the pizza stone (or a baking sheet) and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pita bread pizza, pita pizza, pita bread pizza recipe, roasted red peppers, easy dinner recipes, fast dinner recipes