What’s the best way to cook Brussels sprouts? This roasted Brussels sprouts recipe uses a high heat oven to get the outer leaves crispy and salty.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese (omit for vegan)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts off of the stalk and cut off any hard ends, then cut each in half. In a bowl, mix them with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes until tender and browned, stirring or shaking the pan occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans in a small skillet over low heat, and toast, stirring often, until browned and toasted (be careful that they don’t burn).
- When Brussels sprouts are done, add the pecans and top with grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Brussel Sprout Recipe, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Best Way to Cook Brussels Sprouts, Healthy Side Dish, Best Brussels Sprouts