This homemade almond butter recipe is easy and fun to make, and it tastes incredible! Here’s how to make almond butter at home.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spread almonds out onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for 20 to 25 minutes, until fragrant.
- Let the almonds cool for 1 minute, then place them in the food processor (while still warm). Process for 1 to 2 minutes until dry and crumbly. Scrape down the bowl.
- Turn on the processor, then with the motor running add ½ teaspoon kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Continue processing for 6 to 9 minutes, scraping down the bowl often in the beginning stage and adding ½ to 1 more tablespoons oil if the almonds are too dry. (This process takes multiple times of stopping and scraping.) Continue to process until the dry almonds start to clump into a dough ball, and then even longer until they form into a creamy liquid.
- Move the almond butter to a jar and store refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.
Adapted from Megan Gordon’s recipe on The Kitchn
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to make almond butter, Almond Butter Recipe, Homemade Almond Butter